All companionship can consist only in the strengthening of two neighboring solitudes, whereas everything that one is wont to call giving oneself is by nature harmful to companionship: for when a person abandons himself, he is no longer anything, and when two people both give themselves up in order to come close to each other, there is no longer any ground beneath them and their being together is a continual falling… Once there is disunity between them, the confusion grows with every day; neither of the two has anything unbroken, pure, and unspoiled about him any longer… They who wanted to do each other good are now handling one another in an imperious and intolerant manner, and in the struggle somehow to get out of their untenable and unbearable state of confusion, they commit the greatest fault that can happen to human relationships: they become impatient. They hurry to a conclusion; to come, as they believe, to a final decision, they try once and for all to establish their relationship, whose surprising changes have frightened them, in order to remain the same now and forever (as they say). ~Rainer Maria Rilke
Justinuskirche or St. Justin’s Church is the oldest building in Frankfurt. The church dates back to the Carolingian era and was first consecrated in 850. The three-naved church was modified during the fifteenth century, although it still retains much of its original design. The choir however was completely rebuilt in a late Gothic style. The bombastic altar was created in the eighteenth century in the then popular Baroque style. http://www.aviewoncities.com/frankfurt/hochst.htmThe white painted watchtower of the Höchster Schloß towers over the old town. Originally built in the fourteenth century, work on the castle continued during the following centuries and at the end of the sixteenth century it was expanded with a new structure in Renaissance style, the Neue Schloß (new castle). In 1908 the dilapidated complex was acquired by the local industrial magnate Adolf von Brüning, who opened the castle’s park to the public. Since 2002, the complex is owned by the German Foundation for Monument Protection. http://www.aviewoncities.com/frankfurt/hochst.htm
Casa Dosoftei , also called the Arcade House , built in the 18th century . Located in the city center, on Anastasie Panu Street no.69, near the old Royal Court, between the Palace of Culture and the Church “St.Do not Destroy Domnesc . “She currently hosts the old literature section of the Museum of Romanian Literature in Iasi, established in 1970.
The Oak of Stefan Cel Mare and the stone Basilica of Cobîlea. 700 years old Oak Tree and too many disputing myths and legends surrounding it, to feel ok with spreading its truth. I encourage you to take your own 140km road trip from Chisinau to experience it yourself.
Rock Strangers by Belgian artist, Arne Quinze. Zeelieden Monument, Ostend (Oostende) By Willy Kreitz, est. 1953, is a memorial to the sailors of Ostend who have lost their lives at sea. The statue stands on the Zeeheldenplein square where Ostend’s lighthouse originally stood.