24DEC12. Playa Del Carmen, Tulum, Mexico. Instagram Lo-Fi
- built in the thirteenth century
- a seaport trading mostly in jade and turquoise
- protected by a limestone wall, one theory is that priests and nobility lived within and the peasants lived outside of the walled area
- one of the last inhabited Mayan cities.
- stayed in existence up to 70 years after the Spanish began occupying Mexico
- take a colectivo (local bus) for 40 pesos (about $3 usd)
- ride is anywhere between 40 mins and an hour depending on how many stops the bus makes
- comfy, a/c, smooth ride
Ticket price: 52 pesos
24DEC12. Tulum, Mexico. Canon 550D, Lens EF18-135mm
19DEC12. Just off of Tulum Ave. Cancun, Mexico. Canon 550D, Lens EF18-135mm
*note* 21DEC12. Banker Trooper already gone. Taken off cleanly. Probably by a Star Wars fan.