Original recipe makes 4 servings
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place eggplant on a medium baking sheet. Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender. Remove from heat, cool, peel, and chop.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Mix in cumin seeds and onion. Cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, curry powder, and tomato into the saucepan, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in yogurt. Mix in eggplant and jalapeno pepper, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 10 minutes over high heat. Remove cover, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
DEC12. Instagram Sutro
2 thoughts on “BAINGAN BHARTA (EGGPLANT CURRY)”
I’d like two bowls please!